This policy was last updated on 24.05.2018.
Information we collect
We may collect the following information from you:
Name, email address, social media handles (e.g for Pinterest or Instagram), telephone number and shipping address.
Any other data relevant to your order, including your wedding date and venue, guest information and any other personal information that may be included on your stationery.
How we collect your information
Your information may be collected in the following ways:
Through our 'Contact' or 'Bespoke Enquiry' forms on this website
Through any order placed via Etsy.com
Through direct email enquiries
Through direct contact via our social media platforms (I.e Facebook, Instagram and Pinterest)
Why we need your information and how we use it
We rely on a number of legal bases to collect, use, and share your information, including:
- as needed to provide our services, such as sending a quote, designing your stationery or giving customer support.
- if necessary to comply with a legal obligation or court order, or in connection with a legal claim, such as retaining information about your purchases if required by tax law
- as necessary for the purpose of our legitimate interests, if those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests, such as providing and improving our services. We use your information to provide the services you requested and in our legitimate interest to improve our services.
How long we keep your data
Physical copies of your stationery and photographs will be kept for our portfolio for up to 6 years, if consent is given (See section below regarding photography and consent). Any other personal data taken from you will be deleted 1 year after your wedding date. You have the right to request that we delete all records at any time. Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you may also request details of any of the personal data of yours which we hold.
We have taken lots of measures to keep your data secure at Olive and Millicent.
All physical items are securely locked in a secure location on site.
All digital data stored on our hard drive is kept in encrypted folders.
Sharing your personal data
We will never sell or lease any of your personal data with any third parties.
In some circumstances, once an order has been placed it may be necessary to share your data with the following third parties:
Printing companies that work with us to process your order.
Delivery companies will require access to your name and address in order to ship your stationery.
If you would like further details about these third parties, please feel free to get in touch.
Your data may also be shared if we believe that it is reasonably necessary to: (a) respond to a legal process or to government requests; (b) enforce our agreements, terms and policies; (c) prevent, investigate, and address fraud and other illegal activity, security, or technical issues; or (d) protect the rights, property, and safety of our customers, or others.
Photography and consent
Any wedding stationery designed by us is our intellectual property, however in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) we are required to request written consent before sharing any photos on our website or via our social media account.
When placing an order with us, you will be asked to fill out a form, giving us your consent to post photos of your stationery on our social media accounts and on our website. Photos will not be posted without written consent and you have the right to request us to take down an image at any given time. Should you wish for any personal details shown in the photographs to be hidden or changed, you have the right to ask us to do so.
The data subject may, at any time, prevent the setting of cookies through our website by means of a corresponding setting of the Internet browser used, and may thus permanently deny the setting of cookies. Furthermore, already set cookies may be deleted at any time via an Internet browser or other software programs. This is possible in all popular Internet browsers. If the data subject deactivates the setting of cookies in the Internet browser used, not all functions of our website may be entirely usable.
If you reside in certain territories, including the EU, you have a number of rights in relation to your personal information. While some of these rights apply generally, certain rights apply only in certain limited cases. These rights are described below:
- Access. You may have the right to access and receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us using the information below.
- Change, restrict, delete. You may also have rights to change, restrict our use of, or delete your personal information. With the exception of special circumstances (where we are required to store data for legal reasons) your personal information will be deleted upon request.
- Object. You can object to our processing of some of your information based on our legitimate interests. Your personal information will be deleted unless we have compelling and legitimate grounds to continue using that information or if it is needed for legal reasons.
- Complain. If you reside in the EU and wish to raise a concern about our use of your information (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with your local data protection authority.
How to contact us
For purposes of EU data protection law, I, Katy Chester, am the data controller of Olive and Millicent and am responsible for your personal information. If you have any questions or concerns, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.